The Global Open Access Portal is designed to provide the necessary information for policy-makers to learn about the global OA environment and to view their country’s status, and understand where and why Open Access has been most successful. At a glance, the portal provides an overview of the framework surrounding Open Access in UNESCO Member States by focusing on:
- the critical success factors for effectively implementing Open Access;
- each country’s strengths and opportunities for further developments;
- where mandates for institutional deposits and funding organization have been put into place;
- potential partners at the national and regional level; and
- funding, advocacy, and support organizations throughout the world.